Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A Word to live by... 2013


choose  

/CHo͞oz/
Verb
  1. Pick out or select (someone or something) as being the best or most appropriate of two or more alternatives.
  2. Decide on a course of action, typically after rejecting alternatives: "he chose to go".




I am that girl that proudly makes resolutions each year.  I am realistic in my resolutions and even if I don't achieve them with perfection, I know that I am continuously striving to be a better me... not just at the first of the year, but always.

For the past few years I have also adapted the idea of a "word of the year".  I originally heard the idea on K-love and just loved it!  The past years have included the words Intentional and Wisdom and the idea is to choose a word that speaks to you and meditate on it.

2012 has been a tough year for me.
There has been a lot of heartache and a lot of really hard lessons.  
Some things I handled with grace but many of the challenges were not handled in a way that I was proud of.
I am a woman who loves the Lord and I know with EVERY... SINGLE... CHALLENGE there is an opportunity for growth, for humility and most of all strength in character and I want my responses to exemplify these truths.

SO... this year my word is CHOOSE
I tried to make it a different word that was more fun... more exciting, but my thoughts kept returning to this one.  It is perfect.  It is where I am right now in my life and I love it.

I will CHOOSE to handle challenges with integrity and grace
I will CHOOSE to do what is good and right, even if it is hard
I will CHOOSE to show people the real me, even if it's not "who they want me to be"
I will CHOOSE to sit quietly and listen to my children's stories even when I'm exhausted
I will CHOOSE more alone time with my hubby
I will CHOOSE to wake up earlier to get that work out in
{this list could go on and on, but you get the point}


I have created 2 different signs to frame {please contact me if you would like another color and I will email you the file.}
As always, feel free to use these for yourself:}




Are your wheels turning yet?
Have you thought of your own "word of the year"?  I would love to hear about it!

Have a wonderful and blessed 2013!



1 comment:

  1. love it, lis. great word. great posters, phrases to soak in. thanks for sharing. love and miss you.

    ReplyDelete