Friday, January 10, 2014

Something New WeEk OnE: Linky Party Hostess


Don't fear failure so much that you refuse to try new things. The saddest summary of a life contains three descriptions: could have, might have, and should have.
 
It has been 4 years now that I last did this. 
It was one of THE MOST productive years of my life!
At that time the idea didn't come to me until several week into the new year... so I called it
"Something New for 42" at that time;} but the premise was the same... Do at least 1 new thing every week!
There were new recipes, new holiday décor, new restaurants with hubby and that was the year that I ran the Chicago Marathon for the first time!
 
Make it your goalChallenge yourself.  It doesn't have to be super time-consuming or costly.  Just commit to doing at least one new thing in your life every week in 2014.  It could be as simple as reading a new book to your baby or as big as going on your first family vacation.  As long as it is new to you, it qualifies;}
 
Each week we will have a linky party here for you to share your newest undertakings, be inspired by others and encourage one another in this journey.
Soooooo, my something new for the first week is just that...
 
I learned how to host a linky party!!
 
Well, sort of... I'm sure I'll be working out kinks for a while, but it's something I've wanted to do for a while here on my blog and I took that first step;}
 
If you're not sure what a linky party is, Bargain Hoot does a great job of describing it here
I found a great tutorial from My so called Chaos that helped me set up my account with Inlinkz
Isn't the blogospere fantastic!!!  I love {and am SO thankful} when other creatives share their knowledge!
I have started 2 new boards on Pinterest... Achieve 2014 so you can see a sampling of the things that I just might attempt this year;} and Something New for 52 {2014} for the things that I do!
{You can also follow ALL of my boards here}

Here are a just a couple pieces of eye candy to get your inspired!


{Button button

 
{iheartstitching on youtube} 
 
Come back each week not only to see what I've been up to, but what others are doing as well!
Ready. Set. GO!
{and be sure to let me know if you're up for the challenge!}

No comments:

Post a Comment