Thursday, January 16, 2014

DIY Hand-Stamped Metal and Leather Cuff SNW2

I LOVE words!
{You've probably heard me say this a millions times;}
They have amazing power! 
I'm choosing to focus on the ones that build up and not tear down!
 

 
 
So it only made sense for week 2 to put together a piece of jewelry with beautiful words that inspire!
 
This is one of those projects that is pretty inexpensive and simple if you have or can borrow the tools needed!

This is what you'll need:


 
SUPPLIES
Leather Cuff
Metal Stamping Blanks
Metal Stamps
Stamping Block
Hammer
Eyelets
Eyelet Setter
Crop-a-dile big bite{or other heavy duty hole punch}
Permanent Marker {optional}
Distress Ink {optional}
 
Instructions
I wasn't crazy about the lighter cuff, so I began with distressing the front and sides using Tim Holtz Tea Dye {Note: I did try tea staining first and did not get the results that I wanted} I allowed that to dry overnight.  I chose the stamping blank that was the best fit for this size cuff and using my crop-a-dile big bite, punched holes in the 2 sides then set it on top of the cuff, marked the holes and punched coordinating holes in the cuff.  I then began in the middle of the stamping blank and began stamping {once you figure out your wording, find the center word and begin there} This next step is optional.  If you like the raw stamped look, leave it as is.  If you like a little more pop, color in the letters with a permanent marker then rub over the blank with a magic eraser. It will remove any extra ink left on the blank but the ink in the letters will remain.  Finally, place coordinating eyelets in the holes of the lined up metal and cuff, flip over and using your eyelet setter, hit 3 times to set!  voila! You have a fabulous new, conversation-starter piece of Jewelry!!
 

 
 
Thanks so much for joining me for this tutorial! 
Happy Creating!


No comments:

Post a Comment