Saturday, December 27, 2014

One Little Word 2015: PURPOSE


pur·pose
 
noun
1. the reason for which something is done or created or for which something exists.
 
verb
1. have as one's intention or objective
 
 
This will be my 6th year choosing a "word of the year"... my "one little word", if you will!
I have loved the process of deciding on the most poignant word to sum up my focus and objective for the year to come.
 
2014 was an eye-opening year.  In a good way!  My word for 2014 was "confidence" and the year before it was "choose"  I really tried to be intentional about my choices. 
Primarily, the choice to allow God to direct my path. 
This was a BIG one! 
Giving up control is not in my nature.  Does that come easy to anyone?
Because of that one choice;  my family was strengthened; my business was blessed & new, beautiful & encouraging friends came into my life.
 
I don't know if it is the fact that I'm getting older or wiser {or a combo of both} but I have grown to value and embrace the fact that I was created for a purpose. 
Life is so much sweeter when your accept that!
God does not make mistakes and I have learned that His plans are ALWAYS better than my own!
 
My word for this year... PURPOSE... came to me a little over a month ago.  I waivered back and forth between a few other strong contenders, even landing on the word "Imua" which is Hawaiian for "move forward".  I even shared this one with a few family members, but with every other word that I chose, I kept coming back to "purpose".   It just embodied all that I wanted to focus on moving in to the New Year.  
Last night I came across this as I was going through my Pins on Pinterest and it was the confirmation that I needed!! 
 
 
This is it!
I want to use what I have and what I can do to help others!
I want to be purposeful in my relationships.
I want to live each day knowing there is a purpose for it.
I want to encourage others to embrace their purpose.
 
Have you given thought to the idea of "one little word" 
If you haven't yet decided on a word and need a little push, here are a few words to inspire you...
 
Simplify
 
Intentional
 
Love
 
Embrace
 
Change
 
Move
 
Grace
 
Confidence
 
Focus
 
Trust
 
Courage
 
Breathe
 
Gratitude
 
Dream
 
Inspire
 
 
Whatever you decide, go in to 2015 with great anticipation that big things are about to happen. 
You are so loved and so valued and were created with a purpose!
 
*If you have chosen your word for 2015, I would so love to hear what it is and why you chose it!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment